Multi Port Ball Valves
PBM Multiport Ball Valves
MP/MI Series 4
• True-Bore® or Full-Port
• Optional Body Cavity Fillers
• Stainless & Carbon Steel
• 3-, 4-, & 5-Way Valves
MP Series 1
• Bronze, Iron & Stainless Steel
• 3-, 4-, & 5-Way Valves
• The Adjust-O-Seal® design incorporates an engineered space between the valve body and end fittings. This unique feature allows the valve seats to be restored in-line to a leak-tight condition. This adjustment can be repeated several times to compensate for normal wear.
• Internal design produces a bubble-tight seal.
• Spring-loaded washers create an adjustable live-loaded stem assembly for positive sealing.
• Encapsulated seats (MP Series 4) and body gaskets eliminate cold flow (1/2" – 4").
• Standard bottom-entry stem provides protection from inadvertent stem removal. Engagement between the slot and ball is specially suited for high torque applications.
• Indexed ball and stem eliminate incorrect reassembly following routine maintenance.
• Manual safety nuts maintain stem assembly, live-loading, and factory-prepared packing in instances where the handle may be removed for any reason.
• Stainless steel handles with vinyl end covers are designed for a sure grip. Stem markings visually indicate flow direction.
• Stainless steel balls are precision machined and polished to reduce torque and flow resistance, and extend seat life.
• Compact, low profile design facilitates installation in areas with tight space restrictions.
• In some processes, a single Multi-Port ball valve can replace several 2-way valves in a piping system, reducing costs and simplifying flow control with actuation. Multi-Port valves can also be tandem or manifold mounted to further centralize control.
• Transflow, the gradual media flow that occurs as one port opens as another closes, prevents dead-heading and damage to pumps. Note: Transflow will not occur on some bottom entry flow patterns.
• Full-port diameters minimize pressure drops.
• True-Bore® design is standard in MI Series.
• Having either four or five seats ensures tight closure under pressure differentials up to 300 psig.
• Multiple seating in a true Multi-Port valve enables shutoff and directional control in a single valve. Multi-Port valves are ideal for recirculation, mixing, and blending operations.
• Multi-Port valves are ideal for manual or fully automated operation.
• Optional body cavity fillers on 3-, 4-, and 5-way valves minimize areas where media could become trapped and contaminate the process.
• Top entry access on 1/2" thru 4" sizes facilitates inspection and packing replacement.
• Stem assembly accommodates PBM Direct Mount Actuation for improved alignment and increased cycling life.
• Stainless steel brackets are strong, durable, and corrosion-resistant to facilitate wash-down.
• End fitting O-rings on sizes 1/2" thru 4" absorb thermal cycle abuse.