The Silo Patrol SE Inventory Management System is an industry-leading cable-based smart level sensor system that is designed to handle some of the harshest and most dynamic conditions. The Silo Patrol SE system incorporates state-of-the-art sensors, a wide choice of operator interfaces, auxiliary outputs and displays, as well as unique remote/vendor managed inventory solutions.
Principle of Operation
Once a measurement cycle is initiated, the SiloPatrol® SE sensor (SMU) “smart” motor system controls the descent of a plumb bob, attached to a heavy-duty stainless steel cable, into the vessel. The SMU measures the amount of cable dispensed via its unique optical sensing system. The SMU’s optic system is completely sealed from the internal environment of the electronics compartment, which is isolated and sealed from material ingress in the mechanical compartment, to ensure long-term reliable operation.
- Weight and Cable-Based “Smart” Level Sensor Is Unaffected By Material Composition
- Level Sensor Uses Innovative Hall Effect Technology To Maximize Application Reliability By Effectively Regulating Power To Motor Under Varying Load Conditions
- Industry–Best Measurement Resolution Of 1/100’ (3mm)
- Measuring range up to 150 feet (46m) for powder bulk solids material levels in bins and silos. (Works for some liquid & slurry applications with optional ball float plumb bob)
- Virtually Maintenance-Free
- Split-Compartment Enclosure Isolates Electronics And Measurement Optics From Process Material
- Uniquely Designed Wiper Seal Compartment For Fast, Easy Servicing or Replacement iI Necessary
- RS-485 Pulse And Analog Sensor Output Available
- Wireless Sensor Interface Solutions
- PC-Based Inventory Solutions
- HMI2 Local Operator Interface Option
- Auxiliary System Outputs Available
The SiloPatrol® SE Inventory Management System can be used in a wide variety of applications. These include, but are not limited to, simple inventory monitoring with a standalone HMI2 display to Remote and Vendor managed inventory solutions using SiloTrack™ server and client software to manage inventories at multiple facilities while providing access to a virtually unlimited number of users.
Materials being monitored include a broad list of powders and bulk solids, as well as, a wide range of liquids and slurries. These include coarse/fine granular solids, powders, liquids, foodstuffs and many other substances.
Typical Applications include, but are not limited to: